The curriculum at Girton Glebe Primary School has children at its very heart and encompasses our five core values. We believe in delivering an exciting and varied curriculum that is stimulating, challenging and fun; a curriculum that celebrates diversity alongside offering our children a wealth of experiences and new challenges. At Girton Glebe Primary School we bring learning to life for our pupils by linking trips and visits to our topics.
Through our curriculum we aim to:
- Develop resilient learners who persevere through new challenges.
- Learn and achieve in a supportive and respectful environment.
- Encourage learners to excel and strive for excellence through developing independent thinking skills
- Promote compassion through developing a wider understanding of the world
- Encourage children to take responsibility for their own learning and achievements.
The curriculum at Girton Glebe will:
- Link to the national curriculum.
- Always promote the highest standards.
- Prepare children for their futures within the wider world.
- Develop a wide range of skills.
- Promote children’s independence and self-confidence.
- Celebrate mutual respect and diversity.
Ofsted described our curriculum as ‘varied and interesting’ and commented on how well it ‘supports pupils to achieve good outcomes in a wide range of subjects.’