CHANGE OF DATE:
Saturday 5th December 2020
We were due to host the EYFS Open Day for the September 2021 intake on Saturday 7th November. We were very much looking forward to giving you a tour of our school site and Foundation Stage learning environments, however, the announcement of a national lockdown beginning on November 5 has caused us to reassess the timing of these sessions.
We hope to be able to welcome you to Girton Glebe later this term and have moved the event to Saturday December 5, with all confirmed bookings taking place at the previously allotted times.
I hope that you and your families remain safe and well and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you for your support and understanding,
I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to our Early Years Open Day for the September 2021 intake.
The Open Day will now be held on Saturday December 5 between 0900 and 1530 and will be split into timed entries to the school on 15-minute intervals. On arrival, I will greet parents at the main school doors and will be free to answer any questions you may have about Girton Glebe. I will then walk you down to the Early Years learning environment where you will have the opportunity to meet our teaching team and see the indoor and outdoor spaces. Within the classroom, you will also be able to look at learning journeys and pupils’ work but request that you wear gloves (provided) if you wish to do so.
Following this, you will be able to discuss other aspects of school life with a member of the school’s Governing Body.
Visits are strictly limited to one session per family and, to ensure the safety of our pupils and staff we have a number of necessary restrictions in place, all of which are outlined below:
- If any member of your household is displaying Covid symptoms prior to your visit, please do not attend
- Facemasks must be worn for the duration of the visit
- Hands must be sanitised on entry to the school
- Gloves must be worn if you wish to touch any of the pupils’ work or resources (these will be provided outside the classroom)
- Visits begin promptly every 15 minutes so please be on time for your booking
- We will be operating a one way system around school and, following your tour, parents will leave the site via the gates next to the pavilion. All tours will begin at the main school doors.
I look forward to welcoming you to Girton Glebe later this term.